Sunday, June 9, 2013

Wattpad Stuff, Ahoy!

            Rosie got her hair cut short last night because Mom discovered lice eggs or something in her hair, my aunt and uncle now have two of the most adorable puppies, and I'm going to show you a bit from that short story series I wanted to do and haven't touched in a while because I'm not sure how I like how it's going.
Here ya go!
            A blue Cinderella dress, all lace and frills hung on the door, untouched since the Halloween of age nine. The window was framed with translucent gray curtains and faded floral wallpaper. An absurd amount of teddies over-populated the bed and closet and childish etchings were pinned to the walls, gradually falling to the floor. The carpet was stained with paint and discolored due to years of continuous abuse. A sticker-covered stereo buzzed quietly at the very lowest volume that was still audible. A light-peg-design toy sported a half-finished outline of either a hippo with yellow legs or a crude depiction of a car. Propped up behind it was a cardboard sign advertising lemonade for 25 cents, a relic of a failed burst of entrepreneurship and an experiment with an old cliché that didn't apparently work. An old game of Monopoly was set up in the corner, the playing pieces replaced with bottle caps because everyone spent so much time arguing over the car that it just saved time to decide between flavors and brands. Other odds and ends scattered the ground, begging to be tripped over by the woman perched on the dusty pink bed sheets, frowning in pure boredom and scheduling the flight back to her apartment on her phone while doing the math in her head the absolute minimum time she needs to spend with her family before she has to get back to her ‘life.’ The window looked out into the snowy winter outside, and you could just hear the snow hitting the glass. The lady in the sensible brown sweater and black skirt didn't, nor did she recognize Persistence of Memory, which was her favorite song until it wasn't anymore, gradually getting louder.
I will also post Persistence of Memory to Wattpad... now.
I post a lot of poetry to Wattpad... It's weird because I'm not a poetry sort of person. But it's quick to write and finish and doesn't stay out in the land of procrastination for eons at a time. And I finally got around to changing the cover of A Rant About Sonnets because the text on it was bugging me. I really wish the Make Your Own Cover thing Wattpad added didn't require you to scribble the title on it. All the little thumbnails my stories have are just a pretty picture. No writing. Nothing fancy. That's the way it's always been and that is the rule. My rule at least. It's a pity, because Wattpad's M.Y.O.C. thing has a lot of good pictures to choose from....
            Speaking of pictures, I pretty much changed all of my profile pictures to the little In the Margins Me drawing I did, which is more accurate than that Phoenix-y thing I had before. I might do another one to update it, since my hair's longer and my green hoodie's gotten too old and worn out to wear. In fact, I did. But last I checked the scanner was not working/plugged in/any good. So that's not going to be seen any time soon. Sigh.
So there's today's blog in all it's ramble-y unplanned-ness. See you all tomorrow.
T.Y.G.E.R.

2 comments: