Thursday, June 6, 2013

And We're Off!

            And so daily blogging begins! I think 99% of this is going to be tangents and fiction, because I can't think of anything worth mentioning that happened during the last thirteen hours, not even during the time I was asleep. I should start keeping a dream journal again. I tried that for two days, got bored and forgot about it. Ah well.
How about a preview of the next chapter of Lost Rabbit? I kind of ended abruptly there I think. 
                Hawking’s wasn't the messenger for the domains because he was slow. Always moving, fidgeting, as tall as the Page and thin as a twig with huge brown wings and a smile that could be just as big (often wasn't, but he tried.), one wouldn't guess right off the that shorter, calmer, stoic green-eyed blonde two steps behind him was his teenaged niece. Angel had a twin, Gemini, who was in nearly every way her opposite. Emotional, short black hair, no wings.
Their mother had been from Silver Glen, after all.
The two fourteen-year-olds stared at each other. Hawkings had bustled in, made introductions and left. The grounder held up her pet. “This is Copper.” Copper made a doggy smile. “Hey.” Angel jumped. A stuffed animal? Looking at him closely she could tell he was indeed an undiscarded toy. He must’ve followed her, being unable to stop her from tumbling into the Library. You couldn't ask for a better companion for an unexpected first trip. “Hello. So you've met Ink, Page, and my uncle Hawkings… and I assume you want to get out and see the rest of the world.” I’m not a tour guide, dangit! Angel thought. She decided the empty Blue Manor would be a start. The place was possibly built for her, as Bunny had said. She couldn't just let ‘Tyger’ parade around in pajamas. Lily picked her way through the woods carefully and quickly.
As she could. Which was abysmal compared to Angel.
                “Hurry up!” Lily made a noise of helpless frustration. “I can’t help it, I don’t have wings! Or shoes! And I’m carrying a dog!” She paused. “Copper, why am I carrying you?”
“My feet hurt.” She stopped. “What?” She dropped him. “Yeeep!”
“So do mine. If anything, you should be carrying me.” She looked upward toward Angel. “How far are we?” Copper barked. “Ooh! Angel! Will you carry me?”
“No.” She snapped. “It’s not much farther; I almost can see it from here.” She placated. “Hurry now!”

Lily stumbled over a protruding root and yelped. “….Trying…!”
And that's as far as I've gotten. I've set myself up with a looong chapter that I might split into two or three or four to get them out faster. Yeah, that's definitely going to happen. And say hello to Angel and Hawkings! They were first characters Vivia Drea had, though they weren't always relatives. (Originally Hawkings was also my age, and Angel was just sort of there.) You'll meet Ange a lot. She's the youngest Advisor in a millennium and helps Rainy with work a lot, since she's been on a bit longer. This will probably be explained better as the story goes on.
            On another note, this story falls under a new category I made called Stuff I'm Really Not Focused On at the Moment (But Should Be) and might soon leave it because I looked it over and fell in love with the idea again. Since I brought it up, I'm going to explain how I organize my many, many little stories that get starved for attention or just outright crash (See every Word Doodle I've ever written ever.).
  • You've got the folder full of a story that's existed since I was in kindergarten and will forever be something I only do for fun.
  • You've got all the other crap that aren't my stories (My music, pictures, etc.) crammed in one.
  • Scraps. Self explanatory.
  • S.I.R.N.F.O.M. (B.S.B.) Also pretty self explanatory.
  • And Word Doodles. Or Woodles, as I like to call them. Not one Word Doodle as ever been finished. A few have gone T.C.I.D. (Stands for This Crap Is Dead. For stories I can't even remember or determine the plot of.) Most have been deleted from my actual laptop, but live on in my nifty USB drive. One has even ended up branching out into two drastically different storylines. They are all generally ignored. So far I have 12.
  • And floating around right where I can see them are the ones that are right on my brain, so I can get to them the fastest. I only allow about five in that spot at once.
This method was started because I have a My Documents icon thing right on my toolbar, and all my stuff comes up in nice alphabetized list. That same list grew HUGE and hard to look through, so I condensed it. My My Documents folder is probably the only neatly arranged thing I have in my life 24/7. It's almost funny.
That's today's post done. Until tomorrow,
T.Y.G.E.R.

3 comments:

  1. They are not just floating around --once they get printed , viewed (etc) they stay in Cyber -Space Forever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How come I have to Prove I am Not a robot on your page ALL THE TIME!!!?? just wondering?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great!
    Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete