Friday, July 20, 2012

Hello

            Okay, first blog, first posts. I was freaking out because I thought that my Blogger account and my actual blog(s) were the same thing. I was so confused! I feel silly now. Anyhow, I'm seriously new to this. I don't know what all the buttons on here do so I'm gonna take some time to explore. I have no idea what I'm doing! Wah. I feel stupid! I don't like being in a state of complete ignorance! :(
            But then again, who does? Unless it's something like a surprise party, we like to know things. Well, mostly. I don't usually care to know every detail about my family's life. Now, my younger sister, she's a total gossip girl at times. She wants to know things and she wants to tell people things. Badly. But bring up the word clean and suddenly she's out of your face for the day. Or any flaws she might be flaunting. (Usually her know-it-all act.) But sometimes she'll come out with something absolutely priceless.
(I bring up our neighbor.)
"Oh, him? I'm never going over to his house again. He made me crash my bike."
"Really."
"Into an oven." She adds cheerfully.
(My cousins look at each other in amusement and confusion.)
"Um, how?"
"Riding up a hill." She says it like it's perfectly reasonable method.
Yep, a conversation like that really happened. Maybe she wasn't trying to ride up the hill, but she definitely  mentioned somehow riding into an oven. Our neighbors' have a lot of stuff in their backyard, most of it being car stuff. The dad's a mechanic. Kids aren't allowed to play back there, but the driveway leads a little ways towards the back, so the oven bit made more sense to me than anybody else.
             But like all sister's her attitude will get to me sometimes. She has a thing for causing drama. She offers to cook breakfast--and does! But she won't clean up anything. That's my job.
            See? I am ranting! I've gone off topic into some speech about my sister. Well, my sister's more interesting than how confused I was by the blogging thing and how new I am yadda, yadda, yadda. That's boring. Wow, it's late. I'll end it here.
T.Y.G.E.R

6 comments:

  1. I got run down by the police on my bike when I was 14 years old.
    My little sister peed the bed till she was 5 years old. We had 5 kids in our family. A torture would be to push someone in the stinky Pee room and hold the door shut. Your sister sounds pretty cool compared to that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, how frustrating. I wrote a comment saying I liked this blog and why I liked it and got shunted to different Google areas trying to post it and now it's lost in cyber space. Maybe it will miraculously show up, as some things seem to do. I love this. Nothing is more interesting to read than random thoughts and opinions in someones mind. At least I think so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and as for your "about me" to the right, don't ever apologize for being "weird." Wanting to be exactly common and "normal" is weird isn't it? Be absolutely confident in what makes you different. Let your confidence be your armor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that's a good piece of advice. I know confidence is important and the last part comes out a little awkward. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

      Delete
  4. It's so cool that you can see the humor in the absurd things your little sister says. I can never do that! I'd get too caught up analyzing what she really meant and clarifying it for everyone (like when she said she crashed her bike into the oven) to appreciate that it's funny. Then I'd ruin it :( xoxo That is until about midnight when I'm thinking about my day and, alas, it dawns on me that it's hilarious and I cackle like a nut until I wake my husband up and he threatens to sleep on the couch hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey pretty girl! I love your blogs! I understand what you mean completely about having a little sister....I had 2 sisters AND 2 brothers....don't you sometimes look at her and think to yourself, "how can I love such such an aggravating person so much?" I know I use to. You'll appreciate her more as you get older, I did with my brothers and sisters.

    ReplyDelete