Sunday, June 23, 2013

Tangent Adventure One: Flight the Third

            Today I'm just going to jump straight into my Tangent Adventure. There's nothing of note to be said today in terms of real life. Now where did I leave off... ah!
            "Farneer?" I repeated. "Like far... near? Is that an alias?"
"No." The round, tiny (About up to my knees height-wise.)old man said, nodding yes gleefully. Yay, another weirdo. "...'Kay..." Behind me Dave yawned. "She's going to need more to go with than that, Professor F." For once I agreed with him. "What's going on?" I asked. "What are you? Heck, what is he?" I pointed to Darwin. He smirked. "You know what a changeling is, don't you?"
"I have a vague idea." I replied uncertainly.
"It is exactly and nothing like that." He looked impressed with himself, the twit. Before I could wrap my mind around that Professor Farneer launched straight into what Dave had been babbling about last night.
"The fabric of Time and Space is in danger." I couldn't help it, I rolled my eyes. "What? And only I can stop it?"
"You're familiar with Boredom Monsters are you not?"
"Wh-Those little demons?! They're that big a deal?"
"Well, they're part of it. A small part, yes. But it shows a link to you."
"What are the bigger parts then?"
"Oh you're going to love this." Darwin said, smirking. "Things that shouldn't exist but do. Sentient black blobs that float around and hum and absorb light. Humanoid crystalline beings that can disintegrate people on contact..." I grimaced. "Plus there's this stuff." He held up a vial of blue bubbly jelly. "We don't know what it is, but it's spreads like a mold and weakens reality and tampers with the passage of time in large amounts. This is the same glass as those lenses by the way." I nodded slowly. "And I able to help because..." 
"Lily, you live in a house that now has at least four different characters you can only see out of the corner of your eye, an Amphiblagon in your crawl space, and long before that two mummies hid in your closet and you befriended a flying goblin. Suffice it to say, your life is a bit weird." I nodded slowly. "Touche..."
"Don't you think that might be a bit... significant?"
"I don't follow..."
"Gosh she's dim!" Dave exclaimed. "You're a bit like him, skinny, and that's what we need!"
I had had enough. "Oh, buzz off, freakazoid!" I snarled, storming past the Professor and out the door I assumed was an exit...
And suddenly found myself plummeting down a fifty foot drop.
Karma's a twat.
"AIEEEE!"
To be continued...
I should start planning these. I really should. See you tomorrow,
T.Y.G.E.R.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent !! Good Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really going somewhere. You are a very good writer. Thank You for sharing.

    ReplyDelete