Wednesday, June 5, 2013

And Sudden Inspiration Strikes!

And actually stays longer than two milliseconds.
            I'm out of my writer's block! I started yet another story, but I'm not just staring at videos n' crap all day. I... crap, it's already one p.m. It's weird when you stay up 'til like three and you don't wake up until eleven. Usually I get up at, like, eight no matter how late I stayed up... I think my brain finally knows it's summer. 
            Oh, I finally got to ride the Sky Screamer at Six Flags. It was fun. I always liked the swing rides as a kid. As usual, Rosie went on only two rides. we spent most of our time running around whatsitcalled... Skull Island I think... it's this little water park with a playground and a couple slides. Way too young for me to be seen climbing on.
And I hadn't brought a bathing suit. I just had my jeans and hoodie and Doctor Who T-shirt.
I was going to be sensible. Fifteen minutes, I said. I'm not going to get wet, I said.
So they (Rose, plus one friend that had been brought along.) dumped their truckload of stuff on me and ran off amidst the running water and laughing children. The place was packed, but I squeezed into a nice dry spot next to the shoe cubby things and stow the rest of the bags and things behind it and I wait.
Then I get bored.
After carefully considering the chances of our bags being taken whether by staff or anyone nearby, I decide to start wandering around the climbing bit 'accidentally' getting occasionally sprayed with the many sprinklers on the ground. A little girl recognized Doctor Who and told her mother to tell me 'Geronimo!' from her. My day was made. Then Rosie comes up, upset because the lady at the slides said she can't go on without a swimsuit. I'm sympathetic, I know what a pest those people can be. She walks with me for a bit, and I see the red sprinkler hoop things that you run though. 'Dare you to run through it.' I say, trying to get her to stop pouting. She says no. 'Fine' I say, in a spastic burst of self-confidence. 'I'll do it.' And I did. Rosie ended up following me, I think, but she still wasn't happy to just walk around with me. I actually felt a little sad. And then she started begging me to help her buy a bathing suit. I had ten, she had ten. Twenty dollars was  enough. Now, I know my sister, and I could sense that this was one of those crucial decisions that determine whether she will love or hate you for the rest of the day. I reluctantly agreed. When her friend came looking for her, we saw her briefly choosing her outfit. She looked happy. A few moments later she was done and we looked around for her a bit. I was a little worried. I didn't know what she had picked out, didn't know what to keep an eye out for. It turned out to be orange and bright yellow. It looked pretty on her, and she liked it a lot. By the time we left, I was the only one unlucky enough to be stuck walking around in damp clothes. We had fun. Went home as tired and uncomfortable as heck, though.
            So there's a recent event in my life for you right there. I also discovered that I suck at actual video games. Oh, and when dad touches computers the internet screws up. Seriously. It's freaky. He's never borrowing my laptop again. Plus he doesn't have a clue what he's doing. I'm going to wrap this up here,make a sandwich, and get back to my story. Goodbye for now.
T.Y.G.E.R.

2 comments:

  1. Wave~~~~ Wave & "Hello" I enjoyed the story of your days events! Very colorful~~~Bye

    ReplyDelete