Saturday, June 22, 2013

Tangent Adventure One: Flight the Second

Copper, Angel, and I from Lost Rabbit
            This is what I did today! A slightly less crap drawing that led me to experiment further with layers and blurs. It isn't that detailed but I think it's nice. I really like my tablet.
I am also continuing the little story I started. The little tidbits are going to be called 'Flights.' I had a vague idea of how I was going to continue this. It's gone now, oh well. Let's see what happens...

            The first thing I was aware of was sunlight, and for a moment or two I successfully entertained the idea that the ordeal had all been a dream. But unfamiliar voices and the musty smell of old carpet and other fabrics brought me slowly into the waking world, and I was gradually getting more and more alarmed. I make a sound as I sat up and looked around the treehouse that seemed to be made almost exclusively from junk. The windows were plastic instead of glass, the ceiling was a blue cover for something-probably a large car-and the floor was all different sorts of wood and plastic and stone all jammed together like a puzzle. I was lying on a nestlike bed of carpet, woven mats, and raggedy sheets with my robe draped over me like a blanket. I put it on and made my way tentatively to the curtained 'door' into the next room, and without warning it was swept to the side, and I was suddenly face to face with a very groggy Dave. I became angry very fast. He didn't seem to notice. "Oh... you're awake..." I scowled. "You!" I screeched dramatically. "You-kidnapped-me!" He looked up at the ceiling in a I-really-don't-need-this-right-now sort of way, which did nothing but make me angrier. "You knocked me out and kidnapped me!"
"Are we done stating the obvious?" He asked in exasperation. I ignored him. "I still have the bite mark! It still hurts! You..." I struggled to find a non-profantic derogatory scathing enough, failed and trudged on. "Who the heck do you think you are? We had an arrangement! Don't bother me, I don't bother you. We agreed. And what were you on about 'Time and Space?' Do I look stupid?"
"Yes." He replied with a poker-straight face. I think I inhaled most of the atmosphere at that.
"You worm!" I spat furiously. He stiffened. I had actually said something properly offensive. Go me. "T-take me home. Now." I said shakily. I suppose we made a silly picture, a small angry little girl who looked like she just rolled out of bed yelling at a ginormous lizard who actually looked pretty miffed at me right about now. We glared at each other for a second, before he grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and dragged me into the den. "Darwin! Deal with her-now!" Later I didn't blame him one bit. He was at that level of tiredness about the same as one that had been up until five in the morning, and he was being more civil than I would've been if a teenager had started screaming at me and calling me names. But this was now, and later was a couple of hours from then. Now I hated his guts.
            I found myself face to face with a boy who seemed an odd mixture of Peter Pan, Tarzan, and the scientist from Journey to the Center of the Earth. He was wearing fairly dirty homemade clothes, and the bluest eyes ever and curly brown hair. He looked a little like my dad. Wait... no...
"Hey there, little sister."
"Monkey Boy?!" I shouted-screamed it, really. My Dad's tall tale, the one stupid running joke that he'd teased me with my whole childhood had a shred of truth to it? The one thing I solidly didn't believe was in the woods, even after Dave had snatched me up all those years ago and gave me the whole don't-bother-me-or-I'll-eat-you speech. He looked nowhere near as scary as I'd pictured him. Jeebus. He looked pained, and said he'd never thought he'd hear anyone call him that again. Dave burst out laughing. I frowned. "Wait... you're not old..." I said suspiciously. "You look about my age..."
"Well my dear, that's where Mythosfarieantology comes in," Said a third, older voice. "And a little of the study of Timespace Realitivity." I looked around wildly. "Oh what now?!" I moaned. Darwin rolled his eyes and pulled out a pair of weird, circular glasses with teal-colored glasses. "Here, I forgot your eyes haven't adjusted yet. You can keep those, we've got plenty." I examined them skeptically. "Put them on!" Ever curious, I did. They behaved normally at first, making everything look all green, but then everything felt all tingly and for a minute or two there was nothing but white, then everything went clear. Not just normal colors but like the first time I put on glasses. But sharper, better. "Whoa." I blinked. "Who in the worlds are you?"
"That's my teacher, Lily." Darwin said loftily. "Professor Farneer."
Okay, things are becoming clearer... not really. More will be elaborated on tomorrow, as well as what the l Mythosfarieantology is and why I couldn't see Prof. Farneer without special glasses. To be continued... tomorrow.
And there's Flight the Second of I'm Bored So I'm Off to Save the World. Otherwise known as Tangent Adventure One. More soon,
T.Y.G.E.R.

5 comments:

  1. Very Nice Lily & I had a blast at your 15th Bday Party!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for Inviting me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect, well written. I love it. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You CAN WRITE. -Thank you for a good post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful- Perfect. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete