Saturday, June 8, 2013

Just Checking In

            I don't have much to write about today, besides the fact we're visiting my Aunt Becky's house for Uncle Andy's birthday. Which pretty much means I'll be ending up swimming and being off my face tired when I get back, so I might as well get this out of the way now.
            My birthday is in twelve days, and I'll be fifteen. I guess that's something. I can start learning to drive and... what else can fifteen-year-olds do? Be older, I guess. Feel a bit more teenager-y.
Gosh, I have absolutely nothing to wr-
Oh yeah.
Oz.
            We went to see it yesterday. I know it's been out awhile and I was all 'meh' about it at the time. I don't get worked up about that stuff. But I thought Oz was brilliant. It had places I recognized from the original movie with Dorthy, Tinman, etc, and it kept the whole black and white to color thing. Ugly Evanora scared the crap out of me (and she wasn't all that attractive to begin with anyway.) And it explained how the Wicked Witch of the West and her sister came into the story and why exactly Oz had to go through such efforts with the smoke-and-mirrors display. And it may or may not have had an appearance of the Cowardly Lion. And I was reminded of Return to Oz, an old movie I can't for the life me remember what happened after Dorthy (who was actually closer to the age she is in the books, which is why I remember preferring it over its predecessor.) got into Oz. I'll watch it again later. God, I haven't seen that movie in a bazillion years...
So that's my opinion on that.
             So here's a post that actually isn't really, really long. I might add something to it if I feel up to it when I get back. But probably not. Goodbye for now,
T.Y.G.E.R.

1 comment:

  1. Who was in The New OZ?/ Was it Johnny Depp & YOU DIDN"T Call ME?? FOR Shame lass~~~

    ReplyDelete