Sunday, July 13, 2014

Oh... Hi. Yeah, I'm Back *Waves Casually as If I Wasn't for Nearly a Month*

            So in 0.5 seconds of my friend being here I realized that to juggle my self-imposed schedule (SPELLED IT RIGHT FIRST TIME OH MY GOD YES!) while appreciating the fact that my very best friend that I haven't seen since about last fall was here in glorious 4D was not only idiotic but would be kinda disrespectful (probably?) and I have been busy doing things with her and she might very well be coming for winter break who knows? I hope so.
So sudden hiatus was put on everything.
Not complaining, I had fun. Lost track of the days of the week. Let time stretch out.
I'm not apologizing for putting things on hold, I'm just announcing that things'll resume.
Oh and we started collaborating on a story.
            The tale behind that is interesting in itself, as it was conceived from the stupid 95% dead Homestuck RP we were doing, having just watched The Awakening on Netflix, and it being about two in the fucking morning and we decided to make a ghost hunter AU for the RP.
            The moment I sat in front of my laptop I had no idea how to go about it, so my frazzled brain went 'fuck it.' And we spent that night having decided to change the last names of her OCs and the full names of mine (I had picked them from Free Thought, Relativity, and Mind Games. And thus, those OCs have another alt version of themselves. I tend to do that a lot, not sure if it's laziness, as the characters are distinctly different, but then again even without the alt versions accounted for I have many, many, many OCs and it's hard to keep track of 'em all. Plus it's interesting exploring how the different circumstances shape the characters into almost an entirely new person. J. Jones from Relativity and Louis Callibre from Free Thought are Alt Selves and they're as different as night and day with only a few core ideals and loyalties in common. Not that I've explained their characters online yet... I will in time.
            When we finally got off of name meaning websites and finished arguing about how the fuck you pronounce 'Graeae' out loud, we got to the plot. Prepare for shitty semi-accurate but poorly-phrased summary:
            Eight kids are targeted for extraordinary abilities they possess, and four individuals that all of them are indirectly connected to are asked to figure out a way to protect them. They need to be hidden, of course, but that will only do so much. One puts forth a sort of experiment, nearly a game. Proposes the idea to make the kids into a team, and teach them how to use their ability to defend themselves. Most of them are strangers to one another, with a few exceptions. Each kid is put in an isolated location, given a task, a tool, and means to communicate with the other eight kids as well as near-constant supervision from the four. Finishing the task means finding or activating a teleportation network between the eight locations, thus being able to meet the rest in person. (The four originally thought that they would have everything sorted shortly after they completed their goal... spoilers) 
            So it's basically a bunch of teens arguing with each other and trying to use powers a few of them didn't even know hey had, or did and couldn't control or didn't want them, and four grownups trying to babysit them and trying not to get killed while trying to hunt down the person/organization responsible for the huge fucking mess. We have a lot of ideas and we're wondering how exactly this is gonna be layed out, but it's fun.
            So I wasn't totally inactive all that time, and when my friend gets back online maybe you'll be hearing more on these characters... I'll get more specific too, which will be good. 
Until tomorrow, (Finally, am I right?)
T.Y.G.E.R.

No comments:

Post a Comment