Friday, January 31, 2014

Snow Day

             Jesus Christ it's really pelting down out there... so hello! I'm back. It's snowing out, really, really hard. Good grief global warming. It's pretty, but a tad worrying.
I may poke my nose out later, but cold and me don't mix well.
I started doing a timeline for THE STORY.
LET'S WRITE A STORY! I said.
WITH LOTS OF TIME TRAVEL!
BECAUSE I LIKE DOCTOR WHO.
AND HOMESTUCK.
AND IT WILL BE FUN. TIME LOOPS. YEAH. PARADOXES.
FUN.
One bout of recording a weird ass rendition of what I have planned and OH GOD THE MIGRAINE. I actually went and colored that in a special color so I didn't have to go and hunt 'round the whole timeline for it. Did a bit of the second one, but decided to be more vague. That was less brain-bending, but I'm only half done.
And then I have to deal with reality-jumping and the prequel which takes place in a different universe.
Ay, ay, ay...
And then I ask myself how much is actually going to be written in the main story and how much is just going to be alluded to...
And I think if I still have continuity problems after I up and say I'm done procrastinating writing something substantial I may just... well that's more impressive than anything.
The weirdest thing with the timeline is starting in 1875 and getting up to the present and going 'oh, last year so-and-so got zapped back in time and the universe sort of hung in the balance there...' and then passing it by.

Also recording the time that character dies after going 'oh they did this and this and shaped this up to what it is in the main story... oh' and legitimately feeling sort of... sad.
            So as another update in my riveting life, the internet went down and I did what I always do when the Internet goes down and the Muse fairies fudge off back to where ever they come from. (Probably Inquiry.)
I decided to buckle down and comb through my stories and organize them more effectively, and update my flash drive.
This is very frustrating when out of a combination of laziness and dissatisfaction with what I've done I'll give them stupidly cryptic names, or no names at all. This turns 'copy, paste, delete as needed' into a 'I need to rename these things or it's just gonna keep bugging me.
Good news is my main stories now have their own files rather than being tucked out of sight, to be forgotten.
Bad news is... well, I just found out my level of patience for tedium, and it's very, very high.
So I spent the better part of an evening muttering to myself and getting a slight cough like I seem to do whenever the temperature becomes colder outside than inside.
By the by, anyone else slightly concerned with the wretched weather the world's been having?
T.Y.G.E.R.

No comments:

Post a Comment