Sunday, July 22, 2012

Art and Me

            Yay! People are looking at my stuff! Cool. I've been wanting to mention this artist called JellyVampire on Deviant Art who made this really inspiring comic called 'Like an Artist'.(Link Here)
It's pretty popular. It's about a girl named Ida and how she becomes an artist, taking advice from an animal that's the personification of her artist soul. It got me back into drawing, which I had been shying away from lately, becoming more inclined towards writing. Sometimes it occurs to me how much I really, really need to improve on both. I am envious of doodles. Such small things that turn into big awesome things that make you kinda wish you didn't draw it on the back of your science quiz. I've also created many Woodles (Word Doodles) of little flights of fancy I continue till the muse fairy and/or plot bunny and/or idea dies. But unlike Doodles you can't stop whenever you want, so basically they're just unfinished weirdness that I look back and wonder why in the wide world web did I start it.
T.Y.G.E.R.


{I do think the word I was looking for was 'plot bunny' but it's just not my kind of phrase. Muse fairy. Sounds nice enough. I'm sticking with that. :)}

3 comments:

  1. Ideas, like dreams "Don't Die"...they morph into bigger dreams & ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...being very new to blogs (yours is only the second one I've ever read in fact, Eva's being the only other one) I have to ask a question if thats all right?
    What does T.Y.G.E.R. stand for? (Dumb question? Maybe so but I dont know.
    I like reading your random thoughts and ideas. I feel like I learn more about you reading these then I ever would otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T.Y.G.E.R. stands for Totally Young Girl writer and Extensive Reader. Originally, I didn't have a clue what it was going to stand for, I just liked the acronym. Sorry I took so long to reply. :)

      Delete