Friday, July 27, 2012

Boredom

Here's a little story about something that happened this summer:
             One day, a very extremely bored me was browsing the internet.
She was so bored she actually Googled 'Boredom'. It did not solve her 
problem. Suddenly, she did something amazing. Something nobody ever 
even considers doing in the history of today's internet.
            She exited out, shut down her computer, and grabbed a piece of 
paper and pencil. She drew something random, a cute little animal that 
looked positively harmless. Right away she decided it must be evil and 
deadly. It should be different shades of beige. She thought, drawing 
an arrow pointing to it. And be really agile. At the end of the arrow she 
wrote: Boredom Monster! >:( 
            She shivered in anticipation as her imagination began to formulate
exactly what a Boredom Monster was. Like boredom, it leeched all the 
energy and emotions out of you. It's insides were old bits of doll parts and 
ruin. (I had Alice: Madness Returns on the brain.) I also knew I couldn't lay
a finger on something that cute. (Which is why I made it an evil manifestation 
of my boredom. Boredom is very hard to get rid of, if it was something ugly,
I would be able to get rid of it real fast. It's the ultimate weapon! It'd be a 
shame not to take advantage of it.) 
            She drew some more, and daydreamed that she battled with the 
Boredom Monsters, lost that, was for some reason still alive due to the 
intervention of her worst enemy. (who turned out to be a totally different
person. But still her worst enemy.) Who told her that the Boredom Monsters
were her own creation. He (the worst enemy) goes off to do his own thing to
stop them, and tries to keep her away so she doesn't do any more damage.
He fails miserably at both. In the end, she has to rescue him and she saves the world.
            With the power of imagination! As you can imagine, I wasn't bored anymore after that. I was so bored right now that I figured I'd bring up this. Funny how when you pour the raw contents of your mind onto something it seems so much weirder. My dad tells me: Stupid people get bored. I say: Stupid people get bored and don't resolve it. Not to his face though... because I just thought of it now. Darn. That statement has always annoyed me, usually because he says it right after I forget myself and mention my boredom. NEVER TELL A GROWNUP THAT YOU'RE BORED! They either say something scathing, or they give you work. Work is dull. If boredom is thirst, entertainment is water, and work is saltwater. You're doing something, but it's not any less boring. *Rants about it some more inside head* Bye.
T.Y.G.E.R.

3 comments:

  1. Tyger, you are so right! If boredom monsters were not so cute, no one would ever be bored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. boredom monsters come from too much outside amusements. Not having to EVER entertain one's self.
    Think of the things you can do if you didn't spend so much time on the computer & TV?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bordom monster gave my Mother, "Old Timers" sickness. Now she don't even know who she is in the mirror. They say you get it from TV?

    ReplyDelete