Wednesday, July 17, 2013

So I Used To Draw Comics...

            Okay, so I don't sing often, it's not really a thing I do. So when I actually put my headphones on and completely disregard how I might sound and just enjoy the music, I do not appreciate being informed of how terrible I am-ROSIE. Not cool. 
            And on a different note, I have come to the viable conclusion that I either do something everyday or once in a blue moon. There is no in-between. So what I'm going to do is try to keep doing things daily again and not just crash when I miss one day. Yay, more promises of productivity! We all know how well those go. Sigh.
            So I've been watching a lot of vloggers on YouTube  (Instead of working.) And part of me thinks 'Oh, that looks fun.' But... speaking verbally... more planning involved... we don't have a camera... I am neither British nor funny... yeah, that's not going to happen. Plus one of them draws stuff that makes me want to just face-desk because the list of things I actually find difficult to draw is quite long. Pretty much what I focused on the most was drawing faces and didn't pay much attention to anything else. Looking back at an old comic I realize I couldn't draw cars for crap, but at least it was on par with everything else in the thing. The was also this one part where I completely blanked on how to draw faces and there is just a stretch where I don't show anybody's expression. I was also attempting to draw 'realistically' in that comic.
What I thought realistic was is quite hilarious.
Though I admire my younger self's ability to do comics and not throw the paper away in frustration or puzzle herself over elaborate layout frame things learned from Maximum Ride graphic novels. And to actually be kind of decent minus the occasional terrible line, plothole, or factual inaccuracy. (I.E. A 12-year-old driving a car and nobody noticing.) But most could be explained by magic and science and things not even I could understand.
I wanna try to do a comic now.
I'm going to do that thing!
T.Y.G.E.R.

No comments:

Post a Comment